Location: Frederick, Maryland
- Miscellaneous Planning, Surveying, Site Civil Engineering, Construction Document Preparation, Bidding Construction, Administration and Stakeout Services
- In July, 2009 Fox and Associates, Inc. entered into our third consecutive multi-year contract with Frederick County Public Schools to perform miscellaneous planning, surveying, engineering, bidding and construction administration services. Each of the previous contracts were two-years with three additional one year extensions for a total of ten years. The most current contract referenced above is two years with up to two additional two-year extensions. Please find below descriptions of several representative projects, of the more than (30) thirty projects performed during the past ten years under these contracts.
- Walkersville “B” School Parking Lot – Preparation of site surveys, site plan and stormwater plans for the addition of 117 parking spaces for the home of the Frederick County Public Schools GED program.
- Paving Inventory – Fox performed site inspections to assist Frederick County Maintenance personnel with prioritizing long term maintenance of paving for long term budgeting of required maintenance. This project including mapping of cracks and pavement failure areas and developing priority maintenance ratings for (45) forty-five School Sites.
- Middletown High School – Prepared site surveys and stormwater management construction plans and performed related bidding and construction services. This project was necessary to address flooding concerns for a downstream property owner resulting from the fact that Middletown High School was constructed prior to stormwater management regulations.
- Running Track and Tennis Court Rehabilitations – Prepared site topographic surveys and construction plans: provided bidding and construction administration services for the total reconstruction of numerous tracks and tennis courts. These facilities included the tracks at Catoctin High School and Thomas Johnson High School. Tennis Court projects included Brunswick High School, Catoctin High School, Thomas Johnson High School and Frederick High School.
- New Market Middle and Elementary Schools – Performed site surveys and prepared construction plans; performed bidding and construction administration services to extend public water service lines to serve both schools that were previously served by private wells.
Participants / Reference:
Frederick County Public Schools
Joe Dattolli 301-644-5164