Location: Frederick, Maryland
Size: 4.80 Acres
- The project included upgrades to the existing 3200 GPM, pump station, force main and wastewater treatment plant to correct problems which caused numerous sewage spills over the past 15 years.
- Fox & Associates, Inc. designed approximately 1,500 linear feet of 14” diameter sewer forcemain replacement and new installation.
- Assisted the Town in obtaining State/Federal funding for this project.
- Pump station controls were retrofitted with variable frequency drives to better manage the fluctuating flows and to extend the life of the pump motors.
Special Site / Design Considerations:
- Fox secured permits for sewer force main construction from the Maryland Department of Environment
- Project was designed with a temporary forcemain bypass to maintain sewage flows to the WWTP during all phases of construction.